Newb alert - Difference in spec LS3050 & LS3060

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Re: Newb alert - Difference in spec LS3050 & LS3060

Post by Spooky »

If by support you mean how long can you call them up and get help with a question or problem? I'd say about 7 years based on experience ;)

Warranty and support are different things though, you would need to check with HPC direct to find out about the first one.
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

As long as you own the machine Lee, not just for the warranty period.

I've had HPC lasers for just on 5 years and I know they are just a phone call away but I would say I have only had to call a couple of times!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Huggy75

Post by Huggy75 »

Thanks again guys.

I await their response... :)

Lee.
Huggy75

Post by Huggy75 »

Hi Guys,

By way of an update.

HPC responded. They were very polite and accommodating however the LS3060 is even further from my current budget than originally anticipated!!

I assumed the the online price was the complete price (£3,250 + VAT), however it turns out that they also add other things onto this price like 'carriage, training, upgrades, etc'...which unfortunately pushes it even further out of reach - 22% further in actual fact!! :(

I will keep searching.

Thank you all again.

Lee.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Huggy75 wrote:Hi Guys,

By way of an update.

HPC responded. They were very polite and accommodating however the LS3060 is even further from my current budget than originally anticipated!!

I assumed the the online price was the complete price (£3,250 + VAT), however it turns out that they also add other things onto this price like 'carriage, training, upgrades, etc'...which unfortunately pushes it even further out of reach - 22% further in actual fact!! :(

I will keep searching.

Thank you all again.

Lee.
You could always pick your machine up and get some free training :)
Huggy75

Post by Huggy75 »

Hi,
Unfortunately, it wouldn't really be 'free' by the time I've paid for a hire vehicle big enough (and safe enough), to transport it, not to mention the cost of the 400 mile round trip.

:shock:
Tom

Post by Tom »

Huggy75 wrote:Hi,
Unfortunately, it wouldn't really be 'free' by the time I've paid for a hire vehicle big enough (and safe enough), to transport it, not to mention the cost of the 400 mile round trip.

:shock:
Hmm
So you don't want to pay to go to them
But you want them to come to you for Now't :?:
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Tom wrote:
Huggy75 wrote:Hi Guys,

By way of an update.

I will keep searching.

Thank you all again.

Lee.
You could always pick your machine up and get some free training :)

That's what we did :lol:

<£100 for transit hire from Enterprise and a 400+ mile round trip with the dog, daughter and wife.

Got to see where the magic happens and meet the boss along with the other awesome people that make it happen.

Cheers Lee ;)
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Daven

Post by Daven »

Offset the delivery cost against the free support and the advise you have already had from use of the forum - if you still can't afford it maybe re-think your plan and either give up or outsource...

You could of course get the ebay laser and be lucky but you will be on your own ;)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Huggy75

Post by Huggy75 »

[/quote]
Hmm
So you don't want to pay to go to them
But you want them to come to you for Now't :?:[/quote]

Tim,

Is there really any need for that demeaning attitude on what was otherwise a friendly forum?

I was merely trying to illustrate that these extra costs aren't something which I had accounted for, given that they aren't displayed in the product listing.

Dave - You are correct. I will have to re-think. Unfortunately we are slaves to our financial capacity. Thanks for your help.

Lee.