Carplan De-Ionised Water 2.5L

Moderators: HPC, Daven

izzysdaddy

Carplan De-Ionised Water 2.5L

Post by izzysdaddy »

I was in Tesco's today & Carplan De-Ionised Water 2.5L was on offer. Normal price was £1.15 but reduced to £0.55 till 1st March.
Regards Stuart
owner of a LS1290
izzysdaddy

Re: Carplan De-Ionised Water 2.5L

Post by izzysdaddy »

Went into a smaller Tesco store today & they did not sell the water. The store I saw the offer in was one of the large ones (Cheshunt Brookfield Farm). Just checked Tesco.com website & still on offer, so if wish order on line with your home shopping.

Stuart
owner of a LS1290
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Thank you, will stock up :)
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
SillyJokes

Post by SillyJokes »

I just use tap water.

Do I really need to use distilled water, whats the advantage?
Owner of a new LS3040 PRO
Daven

Post by Daven »

Tap water is more conductive and contains minerals which may build up inside the tube.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
SillyJokes

Post by SillyJokes »

Daven wrote:Tap water is more conductive and contains minerals which may build up inside the tube.

Best
Dave

I don't see any build up in my tube, perhaps my tap water is soft enough.

The conductive thing, is there any conducting going on in the water? or is that a safety issue?
Daven

Post by Daven »

I can't officially answer that as I am not qualified - the water does not come into contact with the electrodes unless something goes wrong - that's the time it matters and I play on the safe side.

Eurocarpart are selling it for £2.29 for 5ltrs at the moment http://www.eurocarparts.com/deionised-water is it worth taking the risk?

I had a tube which I had a build up of scum in the output coupler which reduced the flow until it over heated the tube. I could not shift the scum as you can't get into the coupler to clean. I suspect it was due to using too much Milton (I know use chlorine).

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
SillyJokes

Post by SillyJokes »

Daven wrote:I can't officially answer that as I am not qualified - the water does not come into contact with the electrodes unless something goes wrong - that's the time it matters and I play on the safe side.

I had a tube which I had a build up of scum in the output coupler which reduced the flow until it over heated the tube. I could not shift the scum as you can't get into the coupler to clean. I suspect it was due to using too much Milton (I know use chlorine).

Point taken.

But, surely if you then put Milton tablets or chlorine in, it becomes all conductive again. (I use Milton)
izzysdaddy

Post by izzysdaddy »

Hi

Sainsbury's sell a 2.5lt bottle for £1.00. Only the stores which have a small diy section (can be found in car maintenance section). In the store only not the petrol station.

Regards

Stuart
owner of a LS1290
Daven

Post by Daven »

SillyJokes wrote:[
But, surely if you then put Milton tablets or chlorine in, it becomes all conductive again. (I use Milton)
Again I'm not qualified so check the results for yourself but Chlorine has relative electrical conductivity of 0 0.01 S/m (AI=1) and is classed as an insulator, apparently - no idea about Milton - if it contains salts the yes it will affect the conductivity ;)

Thanks Stuart - I don't have a Sainsburys that close so normally get it from local garage (or the links above) ;)

Best
Dave