Laser not firing

Moderators: HPC, Daven

twenty7nine

Laser not firing

Post by twenty7nine »

Hi we bought a laser (LS6090) couple of months ago but due to relocation and spacing issues we connected everything last week. Everything seems to work fine except for the laser seems there is no power and is not firing.

Thanks
Justin
Daven

Re: Laser not firing

Post by Daven »

Does the head move?
Tried re-setting the emergency button?
Check water is flowing ok.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
twenty7nine

Post by twenty7nine »

Hi Dave,

Yes everything seems to work fine head moving the the emergency button checked and water level I think its good otherwise the chiller starts beeping.

Thanks
Daven

Post by Daven »

It could be a number of things really.
If it has never been used I would speak to HPC.

If it was working before you moved it you could....
Do a test fire from the machine panel, if it fires it is a software issue, if not...
Put a bit of card in front of the tube before 1st mirror and test fire, if it fires the mirrors are out, if not...
Check the tube for any damage, ensure no water in the outer tube and both ends are secure.
Check the leads to the tube are still attached.
Check the door switches have not come loose.
Check the power setting on software and laser panel just in case it has been adjusted (menu, laser set).
The flow sensor may be partially blocked - you can bypass it to test.

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
twenty7nine

Post by twenty7nine »

Hi Dave ,

Basically we bought the machine back in july and we connect it last fri it's been stationary in my garage for a couple of months. I am going to contact HPC later on today, but I would like to check 1st maybe we missed something. Regarding the testing that's what we did after connecting the chiller and compressor we put a piece of masking tape on every mirror hit the laser button but nothing happend, and about the tube it seems in perfect condition no cracks so far... basically that was the 1st thing that we've checked maybe go damaged in transit.

Thanks
twenty7nine

Post by twenty7nine »

Hi All,

Laser is up and running we had to replace the tube :( .
Just another query why when are we try the laser by pushing the laser button the laser is not working are we missing something.

Thanks
Daven

Post by Daven »

The laser button is to test, it can only be used when the door is closed and water flowing - if you put a bit of card under the nozzle does it not mark it?

Best
Dave
twenty7nine

Post by twenty7nine »

Hi Dave

Thanks no it will no mark although water is running and door is closed.

Thanks
Justin
Daven

Post by Daven »

So the laser was up and running after putting in a new tube but now isn't?
Best
Dave
twenty7nine

Post by twenty7nine »

Yes
But still some things are not working how it should.