LS3020 - Restarting issue

Moderators: HPC, Daven

orixontel

LS3020 - Restarting issue

Post by orixontel »

Hi guys,

I have the ls3020 laser cutter and I started experiencing this problem lately.
The machine restarts randomly during operations, both during executing a command or just running idle. I have no idea what is causing it. In fact yesterday I cleaned the machine really well and lubricated the parts in motion, cleaned the lenses and everything.
The temperature is well controlled at around 19 degrees. The tube time count is somewhere at 150 hours. I tried multiple files just in case this is generated by a conflict between the files and the machine. The water looks quite clean too.

I managed to capture few restarts on video. You can watch it by accessing this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VOwAv ... s_KLs0l-_7 It's a google drive link, all safe. The neon tube went off few weeks ago and could not find a replacement locally.

I thank you all for your help in advance.
Daven

Re: LS3020 - Restarting issue

Post by Daven »

Looks like a loose wire or power issue - I would call HPC or get a qualified electrician to check the power socket on the machine (I had one that had a loose connection).

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC