Cooling liquid question

Moderators: HPC, Daven

sam

Cooling liquid question

Post by sam »

Hi,

It's time to go fresh with some cooling for my LS3020. Last time I bought a large 25l container 'PURE DISTILLED DE-IONISED DEMINERALISED WATER' from EBAY, but I could do with getting some locally for speed.

Is any 'de-ionised' water ok for cooling?, e.g

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/ ... p-water-5l

etc etc.

cheers

Sam
sam

Re: Cooling liquid question

Post by sam »

Is there anything I should be adding to my cooling liquid to stop any buildup?
Daven

Post by Daven »

I get mine from a local petrol station and it seems ok. If there is no chance of freezing you could add some chlorine (sold for hot tubs etc). I there is a chance of freezing HPC sell an anti freeze.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Daven wrote:I get mine from a local petrol station and it seems ok. If there is no chance of freezing you could add some chlorine (sold for hot tubs etc). I there is a chance of freezing HPC sell an anti freeze.

Best
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding.

No chance of freezing here, so anti freeze won't be needed. I've read that some people put a couple of caps of milton sterilising fluid in their cooling liquid, or is it best to use chlorine?

cheers

Sam
Daven

Post by Daven »

I used to use milton but chlorine seems better - can't say for sure but I used to get a sludge build up in the output coupler especially with the tubes with aluminium.

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC