laser driver wont install windows 7

Moderators: HPC, Daven

funkymirror

laser driver wont install windows 7

Post by funkymirror »

i am looking for some help as just upgraded pc and it has windows 7 home premium.....
i have now installed lasercut but when i try to install the driver for the machine it went throught the install but in device manager it says there is no drivers installed and now when i try it says "setup failed operation to files and disk is wrong" any help and sugestions would be great......
i am running in xp sp3 compat mode

many thanks

Karl
www.thefunkymirrorco.co.uk
Spooky

Re: laser driver wont install windows 7

Post by Spooky »

Hi Karl,

You have to take into account that compatability mode applies to software really and not to low level hardware drivers. Yes it can work on some less complicated controller boards but on servo drivers it is usually a paint in the butt. Much of this is down to windows methods of using TDMA rather than actual multitasking, it causes delays to the servo's and in the cnc world that's a disaster waiting to happen.

In theory it's possible but after 4 hours of mucking about I gave up using wondows 7 on the laser and switched to a dedicated XP lappy.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
funkymirror

Post by funkymirror »

Hi Dave,
i have managed to get a 64 bit driver and this has solved my problems!!!

thank you for your input :D
HPCLaser

Post by HPCLaser »

Hi If anyone wants the 64 bit driver please e-mail us we will mail it back to you.....
The machines are great with 32 bit windows 7 but some versions of 64 bit will not allow you to switch off digital signing which can be a pain...
well done Karl ATB Chris :D
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

The following removes digital driver signing in windows 7 (It's a driver testing command). Please be aware that preventing digital driver signing will remove one layer of windows security.. Basically it will allow you to install ANY driver without checking to see if it will work first.

1: Launch a Command Prompt under Administrative privileges by clicking the Start Orb and searching for cmd.
2: Right-click on the search result and choose Run as administrator. You’ll need to click through the UAC prompt.
3: In the command prompt window execute the following two commands(One line at a time):
bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
4: Restart your computer to disable digital driver signing in Windows 7.

hope that helps

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Mike

Post by Mike »

So does this mean I can buy a windows 7 laptop to use with the machine then?
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I'm just going to link up my windows 7 / 64bit Lappy once i get the driver from Chris Mike. Once I got it going I'll post back any results :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk