Cutting paper - sooty edges

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Kris

Cutting paper - sooty edges

Post by Kris »

Hi,

Wondered if anyone had a decent settings for cutting paper and card - or better yet, the right KIND of paper and card. I find I get sooty edges on a lot of things, even on lowest power and fast speed, but recently tried some stock from the Exotic Paper Company (paper made with an amount of rhino dung, looks like off white recycled paper) and that cuts nicely at 50mm/s and 5% power with, from what I can see, virtually no sooty edges.

Does anyone have a particular type of paper they use, I've had a few requests for bulk orders of wedding invites but need to get the right sort of material first.

Thanks guys!
Thanks

Kris
---------------
LS3020, 35w tube
Macbook Pro, Illustrator CS6
Windows XP, NewlyDraw 1.5
Daven

Re: Cutting paper - sooty edges

Post by Daven »

Paper/card with less chalk content, blow the dust with compressed air before touching it - I hate white card and paper jobs and always explain about the dust. ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Hazel

Re: Cutting paper - sooty edges

Post by Hazel »

I have had this issue. I bought a whole load of white cards and envelopes and they are really sooty when cut. The best card I've had is some coloured card I bought from WHSmith. It was pricey but no soot, just a bit of a brown edge.
LS3020 user