Hello All

Moderators: HPC, Daven

spice

Hello All

Post by spice »

Hi, hope everyone is well this evening.....

I know it's late, but I am looking for some advice.....

I got delivery of my Laser...LS 3060 on Tuesday......Yipeeeee, or so I thought!!!!.......The software is more than awful !!!!!......Is there any kind person out there....or local to Cornwall....that could help in anyway??

I know that there are training days that are held "up north", but I was wondering if there was any kind person that could offer some training locally??? [ I am unable to travel up north due to health issues] I am, of course, willing to pay for any time and/or travel expenses for this.

Don't panic!!! I have a basic understanding, so not totally a novice lol

Look forward to a reply asap
xx
Daven

Re: Hello All

Post by Daven »

I'm not far from Exeter, Honiton, if it helps?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

I have the LS3060... with a 60 tube, it is awesome, as is the training and support I have received since receiving it February...

Are you having training when your machine is delivered? the few hours I had got me used to the machine and enough information on the simple and complex software features to make me confident I could use it....

May I ask what aspect of the software worries you the most? the interface in general? its interaction with the machine, or the design capabilities

I am less than local, and the first thing I thought of was.... I wonder if it would be possible to run a live on-line training session over skype. It is possible to share your screen with users, so use of the software can be demonstrated and questions answered.... Just a thought....
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

Also, it's quite common to "design" in your fav software, then just export to cut on the machine
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

Lightnin wrote:Also, it's quite common to "design" in your fav software, then just export to cut on the machine
Thats a very good point Lighting... I mainly design in Draftsight and inkscape or a mixture of the two depending on the requirements.
The only things I really use LaserCut for transferring the files to the machine, making multiple copies of items and occasional re-sizing and rotation of artwork.

I usually only draw simple shapes in the software, and then only for cutting tests on new materials or after re-alignment / cleaning....for example a 10mm X 10mm Square.

I was worried about the usability of the software when I purchased my machine... but I found it quite intuitive, especially when used in conjunction with other design software.... However there are a few peculiar traits I had to get used to... The one that gets me EVERY time is need to activate the selection tool when you use tools such as draw, rotate, etc.... but that's just down to me being a little lacking in the IT department sometimes and my lack of memory for what most people find easy to remember....
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com
Tom

Post by Tom »

Just use a drawing package that you know
import into lasercut set speeds and powers for engraving/cutting
Download to laser
easy :)
Tom
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

I'm one of the few people that loves LaserCut5.3 :D
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

llamalasers wrote:I'm one of the few people that loves LaserCut5.3 :D
no complaints from me either brother :)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

No issues here, has some features expensive western made machines don't!

As said be all, I design in a mix of CorelDraw X5 and Draftsight. Pretty much 99,5% of the time I use .dxf and just import into lasercut to run it.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

I use DoubleCad for tidying up my .dxf files.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040