Hello from Scotland

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Traceym

Hello from Scotland

Post by Traceym »

hi everyone ,
Looking to purchase "LS3040" to help further my hobby.terrified of all the software think I'm trying too many free trials at the same time :roll: !
Look forward to learning from you all and can't wait to order my laser still having debate whether to collect or have delivered hopefully decide by end of week :lol:tx
Daven

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by Daven »

Hi Tracey - welcome to the forum ;)

The laser is quite heavy, if you drop it it can be expensive so worth letting HPC take the risk ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Traceym

Post by Traceym »

Thanks Dave , my husband also suggested that we go with delivery ( I thought he was just scared incase I damaged his car ) :lol:
Daven

Post by Daven »

:D just looking at the spec. 100kg gross weight!! I would be worried about more than the paint job :lol:
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Traceym

Post by Traceym »

Laser is ordered and is being delivered Wednesday 12th April ! So need to get head round this software.used silhouette and other craft graphic before so i see a few nights watching tube posts. :roll: :lol: :shock:
Daven

Post by Daven »

Well done ;)

You are best off learning a cad program like Draftsight or Double CAD - both had free versions. I now use a program called BricsCad but is not free. It is very much like AutoCAD that I have used in the past.

Some like CorelDraw but personally I don't and fine most files sent to me created in CD or Adobe have incompatibilities. No doubt you can sort them out but makes for a longer learning curve if you do not already know them.

GIMP is a good program for raster files - also free.

Best
Dave
Traceym

Post by Traceym »

Thanks Dave , I'll give them a try ! ( to be honest I was pulling my hair out with coreldraw ) :lol:
Bellabellpugs

Post by Bellabellpugs »

Hi Tracey , we are in Glenrothes just give us a shout if you and hubby need any help .
Traceym

Post by Traceym »

Thank you !we are in airdrie !laser arrived yesterday thought I'd broke it finally tonight got it going again after calling up hpc water bubble !! :roll: haven't slept much as o really thought I'd broke it :shock: x