Newbie saying hi

Moderators: HPC, Daven

lukesayer

Newbie saying hi

Post by lukesayer »

Hi All.
I recently purchased one of the old style 3040 machine which has been great so far.we plan on making small decorative items from acrylic and eventually card and paper.
We have read loads of amazing post regarding these machines but like everything we struggle with still the basics.we are cutting acrylic at speed of 1.2mm and power of 75 just to cut through 4mm acrylic.this seems far of from other users.we get an uneven engrave with what looks like a heat shadow on the bottom of the acrylic after being cut.Ive aligned the mirrors as best as possible but still think I must be missing some important details as still getting use to the machine.
If anyone has any advice or tips this would be much appreciated.

Luke
Daven

Re: Newbie saying hi

Post by Daven »

Hi Luke,
Welcome ;)

It may be worth doing a ramp test to check the focus point is right. Check all the optics are clean and are not discoloured. It may also be the the tube is on it's way out.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
lukesayer

Post by lukesayer »

Hi Dave.
Thank you for your reply.
I'll look into the ramp test tonight.just found a useful explanation on how to so I'll try this.
Some of the mirrors are discoloured and as if they are slightly burnt.are the mirrors etc easy to come by for the old 3040 model.

Thanks again for the advice.
Regards
Luke
Daven

Post by Daven »

They should be - have a word with HPC ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC