Hello from Milton Keynes

Moderators: HPC, Daven

SillyJokes

Hello from Milton Keynes

Post by SillyJokes »

Hello All

We don't yet have a laser cutter, but may well get one soon, I have my eye on a LS3040 PRO. We have created our design, made our prototypes and are now deciding whether to get it made by someone or buy the machine and make it ourselves.
Owner of a new LS3040 PRO
Daven

Re: Hello from Milton Keynes

Post by Daven »

Hi Welcome,

There is a lot of fun in laser cutting but it can be addictive ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hi SJ :)

welcome aboard, lasers are fun, the decision on making or buying in is one only you can make though. The smaller desktop machines aren't really production machines so hundreds of parts could lead to early failure on long runs.

Desktops (and this is just my opinion) are a great introduction to lasers at a very reasonable price but aren't best suited to production work.

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
SillyJokes

Post by SillyJokes »

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm still conflicted with regards to getting a laser myself, I'm excited about being able to turn ideas into products and to experiment and refine ideas (which can be very expensive if I get others to do it), and realise the machine I'm looking at can't really cope with production quantities, but I could use it to test the market and make small production runs.

I'm also a bit concerned about bringing a fire hazard into my warehouse.
Owner of a new LS3040 PRO