Amityville Detailing

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Amityville Detailing

Post by Spooky »

Spent a few weeks adding the tiny details to the Amityville house, bricks tiles etc, takes bloody ages...heyho...about 10 days left now and it's all done :)

Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
bobg

Re: Amityville Detailing

Post by bobg »

Great detailing Dave. The shutters and brickwork are really effective. This is just MDF?
Bob
LS3020 used for hobby - making model railway buildings/signals etc.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Bob,

yup, just plain cheepo Hindleys MDF, I have to test each plan I do before offering it for sale hence something cheap to use is good. £1.90 for a 1200 x 600 sheet in 3.2mm.
The most expensive part was sending a surveyor to the states to get mesurements of the house at Ocean Avenue :( I got the internal mesurements from the police dept crime scene evidence of the murders so that's accurate as well.

Just a bit more detailing to do and it's ready to go :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
miniaturemaniac

Post by miniaturemaniac »

Oh WOW
This is just fabulous - you are clever.

Sue
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Iv'e had some great news on the house!! it's going to be a limited edition and serial number 001 is going to be sent to the USA to Mr Christopher Quaratino, you may know him better as Christopher Lutz,(Quaratino was his mothers maiden name and he uses it to keep some level of normality to his daily life) the middle child of the Lutz family who the films were written about and actually lived there :) Chris told me there are 3 new Amity Films comming out in january, one by the makers of the movie "Paranormal Activity" as well as Chris's own book on the entire events at 112 Ocean Avenue :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

That's great Dave well done ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user