Pics of what youve done

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Re: Pics of what youve done

Post by Spooky »

So Chris Lutz told me the other day Tweaks, there are 3 films due out in January 2012 about the amityville horror. One is by the same people that made paranormal activity :)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

Think I'll wait 'till it comes out on DVD so I can hide behind a cushion :oops: :D
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Wow!
I've just been looking at the pictures and the work is amazing! I'm worried about cutting a heart shape let alone the work like this!
My work isn't going to compare to anything like this but that's ok I'm only aiming for laser cut and engraved shapes but i love seeing all the different things you all do.

Izzy
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Hi Izzy,

We all start at the beginning of the learning cycle and the great thing about forums like this, where others show their work, inspiration is created to try different things and new ideas. Don't underestimate your own skills and abilities - you will be producing great stuff in no time. ;)

Tweakie.
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Hi Tweakie,

Thank you, I'm loving looking at all the pictures. You're right they are very inspiring, it's amazing what can be produced!

Izzy
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

My first successful project. I've had my 3060 for a couple of weeks now. After a few failed attempts and false starts I've managed to produce this clock. It's 3mm birch ply with 3mm blue acrylic behind. I designed it all on Lasercut 5.3. I found it a good exercise in prioritising cuts etc. A few mistakes but I'm happy with it. I also adjusted my focal length from 78mm to 75mm and find I'm getting much better results. ( and not so many bonfires!!)
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

No Pics Steve ? .. maybe you need more posts under you belt ?
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Yes, I'm not sure why it didn't attach. Apologies.
Daven

Post by Daven »

I think the board is not taking images so best to put them on a picture hosting site and link ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

I am really not quite sure why anyone would want to laser engrave a photographic image onto a piece of wood in the first place but, trust me, once bitten it does become addictive.
Just a couple of 8 bit images I have recently laser engraved on Birch (at least I think it is Birch).

Tweakie.