2 lasers on one PC

Moderators: HPC, Daven

xsign

2 lasers on one PC

Post by xsign »

I'm having trouble connecting 2 lasers both with control boxes MPC6515 (6525A) to one PC. They have different DLL which is causing the problem.

Any help would be gratefull
Daven

Re: 2 lasers on one PC

Post by Daven »

As far as I know there is no way of doing it, you would need two operating systems and boot between the two (even if one was Virtual you would have to be able to load the 2nd version).

I run two machines with the same card from one PC but the easiest I have found is to swap the USB - you can assign the laser a number in Lasercut but when I tried to config the machine it got a bit messy and didn't seem to work so I gave up!

I have been toying with making two Mini PCs and bolting them to the laser ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
xsign

Post by xsign »

Looking in the manual you can assign up to 8 machines to 1 pc as long as they have 6515 cards. is there a way you canchange the firmware of the cards to be the same.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Check with HPC about the firmware.

Yes the manual says that and I tried to get both to work but couldn't but didn't have a lot of time and didn't want to mess up the config of either or both machines. If I remember right I had to restore the firmware on one of them.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC