Intricate cutting help

Moderators: HPC, Daven

RBCraftsUK

Intricate cutting help

Post by RBCraftsUK »

Hi,

I have had a 6840 for a few months now and i still don't think i am getting the settings quite right and was wondering if someone could set me in the right direction.

I am trying to cut a fairly intricate design for a customer and no matter how hard i try and what settings i use i still end up burning the letters on the design to a crisp.

The last run i did was using some settings that i found in another post and they didn't work either. they were speed:20 power:60

We get burn on the majority of the our cuts but they aren't usually this bad. any help would be most appreciated
HPC Laser 6840 + CW4000 + BOFA Filter
Daven

Re: Intricate cutting help

Post by Daven »

What material and thickness?

I use a transfer/masking paper and have better air assist which helps!

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
RBCraftsUK

Post by RBCraftsUK »

It's on 3mm Laser ply, I have tried masking paper but it seems to lift once the laser has started cutting and then the burn goes under the mask

what would be recommended for the air assitance? we are using what came with the machine
Daven

Post by Daven »

I use 28s @ 60%p on my 60w on 3mm laser ply.

I have a small silent compressor which pushes a bit more air which helps ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
RBCraftsUK

Post by RBCraftsUK »

Thanks, i have finally managed to get a reasonably non-crispy version of my work done.

I ended up using a setting of 34 speed @ 80 power but when it i am not so bothered but the charring i am happy with it running at 30 speed @ 65 power.

Hope to not have to do too many jobs like this one.

Thanks for the advice. i will look at increasing the air flow in the not too distant future.