Rotary engraving set up

Moderators: HPC, Daven

timbersmiths

Rotary engraving set up

Post by timbersmiths »

Hello

I'm a newbie down in Devon with a LS6090 pro. I also bought the rotary attachment to engrave enamel mugs which I tried to set up this morning.

I followed the basic instructions in the pdf - basically to change the move settings to 115 on the Y axis Pulse Units, downloaded to the machine - machine bleeped as per instructions. Also connected the rotary attachment to the Y Axis stepper driver. All good so far.

However on starting up the machine the display says 'Datum' and will not move from this, meanwhile the rubber friction wheels on the rotary attachment keep spinning. I can press every button on the display but still it continues to read 'datum'.

Am I missing something? I've disconnected and reset the Y axis pulse units to it's previous setting several times, then gone through the instructions again, but always the same result - Datum.

If anyone has any clue as to what I'm doing wrong I'm all ears!

Many thanks
Richard
Daven

Re: Rotary engraving set up

Post by Daven »

Hi Richard - Give HPC a call it may be quicker. I don't have a rotary ;)

Best
Dave (also in Devon :D )
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
timbersmiths

Post by timbersmiths »

Thanks Dave, will do.

Have a great weekend!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Maybe a few days late to help but the machine is looking for the Y axis limit sensor
You can just press stop on the control panel .