Worn bearing on 3060

Moderators: HPC, Daven

JamesW

Worn bearing on 3060

Post by JamesW »

Hi All,

I've just had the pulley wheel bearing on one of my 3060s wear out. (Yes, I have used it a lot.) It's a plain aluminium pulley wheel (not toothed) which tensions the 10mm drive belt. It's got flanges on either side to stop the belt skipping off, so the total width is 13mm. It sits on a 5mm spindle, retained by two standard "E" circlips. Trouble is, once the bearing gets worn enough, the pulley wheel stops sitting square, throws the belt, and... urk!!

Right now I'm intending to fabricate a temporary pulley wheel (maybe out of perspex?) so I can crack on with both lasers while I wait for a spare to arrive.

Got any suggestions for alternatives or better ideas?

Cheers!

James
Daven

Re: Worn bearing on 3060

Post by Daven »

It uses a standard baring so if you are lucky you can pull it apart and replace ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
JamesW

Post by JamesW »

Thanks Dave!

Any idea where I could get such bearings from?

Cheers,

James
Daven

Post by Daven »

Ebay or Amazon is possibly best ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC