Problems exporting as dxf from techsoft

Moderators: HPC, Daven

michaelm

Problems exporting as dxf from techsoft

Post by michaelm »

Hi and many thanks to Jonathon at HPC for your help.

Odd one...files drawn a few weeks ago are fine, even if i edit them in techsoft 2D and re-export them as a new dxf and then import them, as is the case of a dxf file from the internet.

New files seem to have an issue though.

Once on the laser cutter, it maps out the cutting contour as expected, but the moment the laser is started, it slams itself to the back and proceeds to cut a straight line from back to front (a bit Goldfinger esk).

It seems to be an issue with the exporting from techsoft or the file, but as i was able to export/import an older file today and cannot see anything wrong with the file i am at a loss.

Has anyone encountered similiar issues? What did you do?

My cut lines are made using the contour tool in techsoft set to 0.12 and tool path.

Regards

Michael
Daven

Re: Problems exporting as dxf from techsoft

Post by Daven »

Only time I have seen this is when there is a dot or line somewhere way off the the table!

If you wanted to PM me the files I will have a quick look and see if I have same issue.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

hi

many thanks. i am convinced it is the file, as editing an older file and re-exporting is working perfectly. As to why these more recent ones don't work i am completely perplexed as i have dawn it from scratch on two entirely separate computers. i was going to contact techsoft in case i am doing something with their software.

i can't see a way of attaching a file. if you are happy to forward your email i will try things that way.

many thanks again.

Michael
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

hi

i think i have found the problem.... it seems that it is important to select graphical path when setting up the contour line in techsoft.

thanks again for all help/advice received.

regards

Michael