Bubbles - help

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Scriggles

Bubbles - help

Post by Scriggles »

Hi there
I'm having an issue with one persistent bubble that I just can't get rid of. I've tilted the machine, left the pump running for ages, drained and re-filled over 10 times and it just sits there. It's about 1cm long, in the tube on the side of the mirror, just after the outlet. Any ideas on how to get rid of it please? I really need to get the laser up and running but don't want to risk running it with a bubble.
Thanks!
Daven

Re: Bubbles - help

Post by Daven »

Yes don't run it with a bubble there.

If it is that persistent you could try filling slowly while the tube is tilted the opposite end. I have had it before and I flushed it using a rinse with washing up liquid then clean water.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Scriggles

Post by Scriggles »

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The washing up liquid worked a treat. Thank you!
I assume running the pump in clear water will be adequate enough to remove the slightly soapy water from the tube?
Thanks again.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Glad it's sorted ;)

The washing up liquid breaks the surface tension - used to use a detergent when developing film years ago ;)

Clean water run through for a while should be fine ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC