mirror alignment help!

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Vella8410

mirror alignment help!

Post by Vella8410 »

hi all,

just wondering if someone can either help me or put me out my misery :(
i have a 6840 and it recently had a new tube fitted, cut perfect.... before the tube was fitted i had a problem where it would cut very well on the right hand side of the bed but on the left it struggled to maintain the same quality, as in it wouldn't cut through, i knew the bed was level as the two red dot diodes formed one singular dot and the engineer that came to fit the tube noted that it must of been alignment of the mirrors....

so my problem that was then as now come back with a vengeance!!! now surely if i was to suffer loss of power it would be further away from the left hand side, but not my problem :lol:

i have tried to align the mirrors myself and i have come to the conclusion that i am ridiculously poor at completing said task, has anyone else experienced this problem if so please help.

cheers,

Sean
Daven

Re: mirror alignment help!

Post by Daven »

I would check how well centred the beam is hitting the entry hole in the head in each corner of the table and adjust as necessary then check the beam is exiting the nozzle in the centre and adjust.

It can be tricky to get just right but you can do it ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC