Quick Tip / Windows 7 Install

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Quick Tip / Windows 7 Install

Post by Spooky »

Please bear with me, I have spent a few days working on installs of Laser Drivers into 64bit windows 7 systems and can report that it is quite possible with the following operating systems.

Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate

Soon as I have an hour or so I'll get it typed into this thread. No real problems but a few things that need addressing when installing into 64bit OS's.

back soon

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Mike

Re: Windows 7 Install Tips

Post by Mike »

Fantastic.. think I will start shopping for a new laptop for Christmas now.
Spooky

Re: Windows 7 Install Tips

Post by Spooky »

Incomming!! :)

Righto here we gooooooooo

(1) Plug the dongle (Hard lock) into an available USB port.
(2) Windows will detect it as a "SenseiV2" and will automatically install drivers for it.
(3) You will get the usual pop up box saying "Your hardware is installed and ready to use"
(4) Plug in the USB cable from the laser machine.
(5) Install the drivers from HPC for the newly detected driver card (it's inside the laser so don't worry too much about it)
(6) Now install Lasercut 5.3
(7) You will get frequent warnings saying "No digital signature do you wish to continue" select YES each time.
(8) Once all this is done reeboot the windows machine BUT leave the laser switched on and the hardlock (Dongle) in place.
(9) The shortcut on your desktop to lasercut5.3, right click it and select "Properties"
(10) At the bottom of the window that opens you will see a button marked "Advanced" click this.
(11) Check the box saying "Run as administrator"
(12) Reeboot once again.

There you go, you should now have a working laser cutter under windows 7 64bit. (Lasercut software only)

If you get a message saying "Did this program install correctly" then select yes each time. This tends to vary between different versions of win7 (64) but is essentially the same.

If you do NOT set the shortcut to run as administrator you will get errors and the program won't run so don't forget it :)

if you get stuck I'm usually around by email most of the time.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
SimonMallas

Re: Quick Tip / Windows 7 Install

Post by SimonMallas »

Hi,
Just to add to Daves explanation, it can be sequence sensertive. The very first thing to do is run the windows seven driver program ( contact HPC Laser if you havnt got it on your disk ) Then run lasercut software,once "succeed in install" lol plug in dongle / soft dog, this should load no problem ( on one occasion the computer had to be connected to the net? ) then plugin the laser. It may ask you to choose drivers you want the MPC6515 and it may as spooky points out tell you its not install properly, but it has. If it asks for the softdog on start up, right click run as admin.
Cheers Simon