Hello

Moderators: HPC, Daven

The-Engraver

Hello

Post by The-Engraver »

Hi folks,

Just had a delivery of a new LS6840 60w machine with fume filter.
So far it is looking very good and i am looking forward to doing some nice things with it.

My main business is engraving and so far i have done some really good looking things with this machine.
Being new it will take me a couple of weeks to find my way around it, when done I will write a review here along with the settings I used for a variety of substrates and send chris some images.

If anyone is thinking of purchasing a machine from HPC I would fully recommend taking up the option of delivery and training we have found it to be invaluable. Chris was a very good tutor, the only downside is that for a Yorkshireman he does not drink a lot of tea, He admitted defeat after the 7th cup inside 2 hours, well done for trying though Chris :lol:

Looking forward to writing a review.

Gary
Spooky

Re: Hello

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Gary,

Now's a good time to warn the boss (Wife) that her entire stock of cutlery is about to get engraved along with just about anything else that isn't nailed down.

Karen did draw the line when I tried to get the kids in it though :) (and they wouldn't fit)

Fume filters are great (and a LOT cheaper than divorces) ;)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Lol :D.

One of my first projects (when I get my laser) is to build a fume filter. It will help, but no gurantees.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
avalonman

Post by avalonman »

Ive just had the ls6840 from HPC as well.

The staff are excellent as they didnt try to sell me items i didnt need and when the machine was delivered they set it up nicely and showed me how to use it, I suppose Ill remember some of that :D .

I would be interested in seeing the plans for the homemade filter if possible as like all new toys I didnt realise the amount of smoke it actually makes (oops).

Anyway nice to be here

kev
http://www.avalonesoterics.co.uk - Making fire wood with ease.
I own a 6840 purchased april 2011, working from acer 8935g laptop with win8 pro and lasercut 5.3 software
software autocad, adobe, corel, draftcad all legal
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Kev - welcome to the forum ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Kev :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk