Hi from Cardiff

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Meta-Concepts

Hi from Cardiff

Post by Meta-Concepts »

My 1290 has arrived and I am looking forward to making things!

Terry
Daven

Re: Hi from Cardiff

Post by Daven »

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the forum ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Hello and welcome!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Terry,

great machines for sure :) bigger than they look when they arrive aren't they ;)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Meta-Concepts

Post by Meta-Concepts »

You certainly are not kidding! I measured the floor plan correctly, but didn't consider how HIGH it is and didn't know that you need at least another 200mm at the back to allow for the door over the tube to be swung open. Going to have to re-think my workshop layout again, it seems.

Wish the tube door had a handle on it. It's heavy and I crushed a finger in my first day of use.
Malj

Post by Malj »

Hi Terry.
you have my sympathies I mis calculated also, didn't take into account the extra length at the back of my machine to accommodate the tube length, had to cut a hole in the partician wall in my workshop.
Mal J
Currently experimenting with a 6840
avalonman

Post by avalonman »

i had to remove four doors to get my machine in and them like others i had to redesign my workshop from the ground up, that said

Welcome from Somerset

:D
http://www.avalonesoterics.co.uk - Making fire wood with ease.
I own a 6840 purchased april 2011, working from acer 8935g laptop with win8 pro and lasercut 5.3 software
software autocad, adobe, corel, draftcad all legal
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Being the owner of the LS3020, I slid mine up the stairs in my upstairs flat, removed a total of zero doors, and no issues at all :p

That said, I WANTED the 6840 . . . .
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Daven

Post by Daven »

If I knew then what I know now about the alignment and how moving the machine can knock it out I would have thought twice about dragging my 3020 down two steps onto the patio, accross the patio and over the threshold on my own :lol:

Remarkably I have not had any issues with it, in fact I keep meaning to test the alignment but keep thinking, if it ain't broke.. ;)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user