Newleydraw info please

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Re: Newleydraw info please

Post by Daven »

Hi Sue,

It does depend on the object type. Text and shapes drawn with ND will not show this option but you should see it on an inported picture.

ND 1.5 is the standard supplied as far as I know (go to Help, About and it shows the version)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

you can also do it in the engrave control panel for the full job.
Middle where it says orient, yes I stole davens pic :p
Attachments
ND1.png
(23.71 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
miniaturemaniac

Post by miniaturemaniac »

Ahh - I see
I was actually trying with an imported dxf file with a shape.

So basically if I want to rotate my shape I will have to do it in my drawing program.

Many thanks for reply.

Sue
Daven

Post by Daven »

You can use Flip LR (left to right) and Flip TB (top to bottom) on DXFs

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
miniaturemaniac

I have used the flip etc - I just wish ND was a bit more updated its so very basic - and I see talk in this forum of 3020's being sold with a better software program soon. Any news on us being able to get this better software for our existing 3020?
Sue
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya guys,

My understanding from Chris is there is too much involed with changing the controller over to the MP6515 (cost wise) its not just the software but the servos as well as the actual controller card.
To buy aftermarket your'e unlikely to find the MP6515 under £450 then you have the additional cost of the servos and all the setting up.
A better idea for those that want to go down that road would be selling the machine and buying the LCut verasion. Second hand values on the machines tends to be very good so you may well find it would work out a lot cheaper than trying to upgrade.

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

As Dave said it is cost and time prohibitive when you add in the cost/time of returning it to HPC to upgrade, test and return.

I tend to use ND to import the project, control the power and speed doing all the design work on other programs. It is frustrating but it does do the job!

Best

Dave
miniaturemaniac

Thanks for info - I thought it might be the case.

Like you Dave (Daven) I do all the work in my other programs - it would just have been nice to be able to do something as simple as rotate it though instead of having to do it again in another program.
Ah well onwards and forwards.

Regards
Sue