Hello from Laurel and Hardy!

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Matrix

Hello from Laurel and Hardy!

Post by Matrix »

Hello everyone, from Steve and Justin here at Matrix in Halifax.

Would have posted a little bit sooner, but about two minutes after seeing my authorisation e-mail, we had a little 'incident'. :shock:
"'Fire in the Hold, Cap'n'", bashed the emergency stop button, which proceeded to eject itself from the control panel and fly across the room - followed by running repairs, involving many nuts/washers dropped into the 'chaff' littering the machine bed etc. (with attendant cursing, naturally!). Can't beat a bit of good old British slapstick comedy (really we should be filmed in Black and White for added effect!).
All sorted now (luckily, I like the perfume of 'eau de swarfega').

Moral of the tale - watch where you buy your ABS! Thankfully, we have a new supplier (Eagle Plastics) who can get us nice well behaved stuff - guess a sheet of the dodgy rubbish we bought cheap from Turkey didn't get chucked in the bin where it belonged. :oops:
Also, watch those top panel keyswitches/buttons, the screws 'pressure fit' them to the top panel (rather than screwing into threads) - you just need to nip up the bolts beneath the top panel every once in a while so they don't work loose.

To be fair though, we love our laser (and Chris's enduring patience with our litany of schoolboy mistakes!) - and business is good right now, so we're cutting 5mm ABS 30hours a week - hopefully we can move into a bigger workshop soon where we'll have space for a slightly more 'industrial' sized machine, and let our overworked 6090PRO have a well deserved rest!
Daven

Re: Hello from Laurel and Hardy!

Post by Daven »

Hi Guys,

They say you learn from your mistakes - if thats the case I should at least be a Doctor by now ;-)

Look forward to your next 'lesson' :)

Best

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Ellie at HPC

Post by Ellie at HPC »

Hi Steve and Justin,

Welcome to the forum :D

Thankyou for the post :).. If you ever need any spare parts, we have them in stock and were just a call away ! :D
Glad to hear your enjoying your laser :)

Ellie
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Welcome!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)