Engraving on Rubber for Stamps HELP!

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Re: Engraving on Rubber for Stamps HELP!

Post by Spooky »

Hi Wendy,

I'm starting to think materials issue, with that range of speeds it should be working fine.

I've just done a few stamps out of laser stamp rubber at 35% power 400 speed and they came out fine..

I'll get some pics up...

AHH hold on

Scan width?

Whats the scan gap you are using Wendy?

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi Spooky - we are using 0.05 scan gap. we have tried 35% at speed 400 and it only makes the lightest outline with no depth!! You can read it but it has only the slightest raised feel to the print. What rubber are you using?
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Laser Stamp sheet from Hobarts

It's a light grey material sold in A4 sheets.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi Dave, we seem to be getting some good results now - we are using your lower speeds, normal type and 4 passes and getting good crisp cuts - keeping the water temperature as low as poss. We are using both sheets from hobarts and gravograph - we did order in the 2.3 sheets from hobarts but received 1.5 - shiny stamps require 2.3. Both rubbers seem to laser the same. Thank you so much for your input and help this has really, really helped. :D