Very scary problem.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

exengrav

Very scary problem.

Post by exengrav »

Just finished an engrave on the School 6840. Opening the door to remove the work turns the laser full on and shutting it turns it off again ! This could be repeated several times. Glad that I noticed a hole being burned right through the wood before my hand went in. Glad that it was me not a student. How is this possible with a safety switch on the door ? That means that the machine is out of action for now then. Anybody got a clue before I speak to HPC ?
Cheers, CR
Spooky

Re: Very scary problem.

Post by Spooky »

Nope.

HPC is the first and only point of call for a problem like this. The door switch and laser fire control circuit are totally separate, that's not something anybody other than HPC can advise about.

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Re: Very scary problem.

Post by PhillyDee »

Especially in a school.

isolate and lock it off before you do anything else.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
HPCLaser

Re: Very scary problem

Post by HPCLaser »

Hi Sorry to hear this. As pointed out the first thing you should do is CALL US on 01422310800 and then confirm with an e-mail.
We as a matter of course test the safety switches as part of our service annually.
as we are now aware of this issue it will be sorted today.
Thanks Chris