Hi from Southampton

Moderators: HPC, Daven

matt

Hi from Southampton

Post by matt »

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at a purchasing an HPC laser for a few months now and have been snooping around these forums for a while. My application is wedding stationery and personalised Christmas cards for businesses. It appears that most users on these forums use their lasers for cutting ply or acrylic but was hoping some for some advice as to which machine to plump for where card of 250gsm to 300gsm is the prime application.

I was looking at either the LS6040PRO, LS6840 or LS6090 and wondered whether any guidance or pros and cons for any particular machine. I don't know whether there is much difference in performance of each and whether there is much difference between 40w and 60w when cutting card.

My main areas of priority are :-

> Speed and Accuracy. Our designs will have a high level of detail so will inherently take longer to cut.
> Reducing scorching / burning on card reverse as most card used will be white / ivory.

Many thanks
Matt
PhillyDee

Re: Hi from Southampton

Post by PhillyDee »

Were are you based? I am a heavy cutter of acrylic and laminates, so advice in the others would be tin on the ground from me. However, you could pop along if you are in the north east and have a few demos. If not, HPC themselves might be closer.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hint in the title Phil ;)
Hi from Southampton
:)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hi Matt,

There will be no real benefit to 60 watt on card, the limit for cutting won't be the tube it will be the speed the machine can corner at (about 60mm per second), all of those are good choices but my personal recommendation would be the 6840 with a 40 watt pipe in it. Easy to upgrade later if you must have more power and close to bomb proof machines.

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Spooky wrote:Hint in the title Phil ;)
Hi from Southampton
:)
D'oh. :D
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks everyone,

I was comparing the specs of the LS6040PRO with the LS6840 and there doesn't seem much between them so I am guessing they are produced by different manufacturers. The slightly larger bed size of the LS6840 wont make much difference to us but I did notice that the cutting speed of this machine is quoted as 400mm / sec which is slower than the LS6040PRO which seemed a bit odd since it is a slightly more expensive machine.

I notice on HPC's Facebook page that they are exhibiting in London in a couple of weeks. Much close to Southampton than Halifax so I will probably pay them a visit.

Matt