So its 5.0 then
Tom

Re: Ever increasing issues (LS1290)

Post by Tom »

How old is it
MysteryMachine

Post by MysteryMachine »

I hadn't thought of trying that. I'll give that a go tomorrow morning and report back.

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.
MysteryMachine

Post by MysteryMachine »

Sorry Tom, I missed your other posts.

I'll double check what software it's running tomorrow and let you know. I have no idea on age? I bought it second hand. Is there somewhere on it that gives the age of the machine? Like a VIN plate or something?
Tom

Post by Tom »

plate on back might give a date
if you give Chris a ring at hpc he will know what your problem is (might be psu might be motherboard)
The frist laser machine i work with 6ish years age was 5.1
have you tride reinstalling the software, thats what I.T. would say :D
MysteryMachine

Post by MysteryMachine »

PSU is new (about 3 months old), so is the laser so I'm assuming it's neither of those? Motherboard was my suspicion, in my mind it's as if something inside it is telling the laser to stay or (or not telling it to switch off)

I'll check the back of the machine tomorrow to see if there is anything showing a pointer to its age?

As for software, I've tried reloading it, and tried it on a different machine. I'll try it on my laptop tomorrow and see if that might make any difference althogh I'm not holding my breath.

Chris at HPC has offered to test the motherboard for me, so once I've cleared the backlog of current work (now that the machine is cutting better than it was the past few weeks) I'll probably whip the motherboard out and send it back to see what they say? If a new one gets me up and running properly, this can only be a good thing. After four months of not being able to engrave it's killing me! I've only had the machine four months.

Thanks again.
MysteryMachine

Post by MysteryMachine »

I just thought I'd better update this....it's been a while and I forgot to report back.

Simon at HPC came and had a look at the machine and after some investigation it turned out that the new power supply was faulty all along! Another new supply fitted and it's working perfectly. I must thank Simon for the help and putting me out of my frustration thinking it was something I'd done (or not done) and it's so, so nice to have the machine working properly. Happy is an understatement! :D

Huge thanks to Simon and the guys at HPC.
endcan

Post by endcan »

looks like a psu issue?? have you called HPC ?
Personalised bike bitz,Metal marking,adhesive decals