LS6840 Laser not focused

Moderators: HPC, Daven

istdt

LS6840 Laser not focused

Post by istdt »

So here's the problem,
When cutting out a project, the laser is not focused, I know this as when it goes to cut mdf it merely chars it.
This also occurs when you engrave it.
I have tried to re align the 2 leds, to do this I made the bed go as high as possible, lauded paper on it and focused it.

So machine background information to help
type:LS6840
Laser tube power: 60w
Machine age I belive is less then a year
We live in Africa, there are power fluctuation and cuts.

What I do know is some students don't know how to use the machine therefore may cause problems. We try to fix them as we go along.
So I'll try to post some pictures when I get to school regarding the issue and explain the situation.
Is there also a setting that fully resets Te machine like it puts it back to when it arrived to us??

Update:
So I did some tests by putting 3mm acrylic in front of mirror 2 and 3 and there just about hitting the centre.
Also I have attached some pics below showing the acrylic and the distance of the cone to the material

Okey so I was looking around and found out that the lens, and mirrors should be cleaned (I did not know this, first year at the school and new to this machine)
I have cleaned all mirrors and lens, huge improvement, however other then lens cleaning, mirror cleaning, water tank cleaning, exhaust cleaning, is there other things that must be maintained and is there other things that could be done to improve the performance of this machine?

I could go on all day with questions but, I use adobe illustrator for my designs, export to DXF and import into lasercut 5.3, is there more compatible software for this then laser cut or is what im doing best?
Regards
~Josh