Circle on lens?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Chris

Circle on lens?

Post by Chris »

I noticed a circle on my lens that won't clean off. Is this a sign of damage, or is it just one of them things?
Daven

Re: Circle on lens?

Post by Daven »

It happens after a while, it will still work but is showing signs that a new one will be needed at some point ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Chris

Post by Chris »

Cheers dave - will it just one day stop cutting or something? I'm just wondering at what point I'll recognise that I need a new one
Daven

Post by Daven »

The quality degrades so you will notice a reduction in speed or more power required.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Or it cracks due to the heat build up . . . .
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Chris

Post by Chris »

cheers guys.
i think i'm due for my first service anyway. had the machine about 1year
Bellabellpugs

Post by Bellabellpugs »

I was told by DR craig of Edinburgh uni to make sure air does not get to the top of the lens . Does this make any sense ? , I turned my compressor on and put my finger over the bottom of the lens head to check to find air was coming out at the to aperture so unscrewed lens to find i had put the rubber seal under the lens rather than on top . After rechecking no air comes out the top aperture . Now when i take my lens out to clean it is spottles .