Hi from Worcestershire

Moderators: HPC, Daven

LinkspanModels

Hi from Worcestershire

Post by LinkspanModels »

Many thanks for allowing me to join.

My name is Carl and the user name is our little venture we have started to produce r/c model ferry kits. Which is the reason for wanting to acquire a laser cutter/engraver - to produce the superstructure kit parts for our models.

Until now, we have used the services of an outside bureau for this, but we really would like to bring it all 'in house' to keep an eye on quality and to speed up the prototyping.

As nearly all our model kits are sent through the post, size of the components to fit in the box is important so we are looking to buy an LS3060 as its A3 capability would be ideal. It wouldn't be flogged to death for hours on end as we both still have 'day jobs' to pay the bills so its use would be restricted to evenings and weekends.

Looking forward to having a browse around - and I do hope you wont mind a newby-numpty asking daft questions every now and again!!!

Cheers
Carl
Linkspan Models
Daven

Re: Hi from Worcestershire

Post by Daven »

Hi Carl,
Welcome to the forum ;)

I have two 3060's and love them (hate them when they misbehave though!) :D

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

heya Karl :)

good choice, 3060 is a great bit of kit :)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
LinkspanModels

Post by LinkspanModels »

Thanks chaps!!!

Getting excited now :P New LS3060 being delivered this Thursday morning direct from HPC - workshop rebuilt this weekend just gone to fit it in!!

Looking forward to the training and being able to 'crack on'.........have a list of jobs as long as yer arm waiting!

SO - stand by for numerous questions from me over the next few weeks as I back myself into a corner and probably bugger something up!!!

The CAD work, converting to DXF and importing into the laser software for cutting I can do......my questions will most likely centre around how the hell to prepare the drawings etc for ETCHING........ You see......I would lay money on it!!!

Laters!
Carl
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Going from outside to in-house is the most exciting thing ever.

Welcome and good luck!
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040