newly draw and net production

Moderators: HPC, Daven

graham jimmison

newly draw and net production

Post by graham jimmison »

after my question was answered so quickly and proffesionally last time i'll try this one

Near enough all the time in school we create drawings in techsoft 2d design export them as dxf's and import them into newly draw. I have tried drawing some nets (for card boxes etc - looking at doing a light project and using the thin plastic for the shade) but when i import them into newlydraw it is proving difficult to get a score line and a cut line.

After importing the dxf and then splitting the drawing more often than not it breaks it into squares ratrher than individual lines

Has any one any suggestions on as how to cut nets using newlydraw - much appreciated for all replies
Spooky

Re: newly draw and net production

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Graham,

Maybe use detached lines? leave a tiny 0.1mm gap at the points where the net lines cross, this will still allow parts to be pushed out but NewlyDraw will see them as seperate entities.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
bob

Post by bob »

Hi Can you split the drawing and select the lines as folds to be engraved less deep ?
Thanks Bob
graham jimmison

Post by graham jimmison »

the seperation of the lies seems like a good idea thanks
you can split the drawing but when you go to select individual lines it isn't possible - the software splits it into squares or whole shapes rather than individual lines.

Thanks for the responses
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Graham,

Give me about 20 minutes I'll draw up a series of nets for you, any particular design style?

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk