New User

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Rich

New User

Post by Rich »

Hi All

Thought I would sign up and say hello :-)

I have recently purchased a LS3020 and so far (fingers crossed) everything seems to be working ok and I have got some acrylic cutting and the finish is quite good.

Few questions if anyone can help me as I am sure there are a few Guru's out there :-)

1. The machine doesnt seem to have a focus ruler/tool so does anyone have a drawing or measurements so I can make one or know where I can purchase one?

2. When engraving on the perspex, the engraving is very fine/light and not very prominent. Does that mean I have to run 2 cycles at the required settings?

3. I use AutoCad to draw my files but when importing into Newlydraw, the file is huge and I have keep scaling it down to size so is there a setting I can alter so that when its imported, its exactly the same size as when drawn in AutoCad?

Thanks :-) and I am sure I will have a load more questions too at some point! :lol: :lol:

Rich
Tom

Re: New User

Post by Tom »

Hi Rich
Do a ramp test too find the best focus height ( you should have a focus tool if new)
Newlydraw power is manually adjusted by the pot on the machine not by the software
So will have too be adjusted between cut and engrave
You can turn the layers off if i remember right but it's been a long time since had a go of a 3020 this might not be right
The sizing will probably be how your exporting
Last edited by Tom on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Tom

I will try altering the pot rather than the by using the software then, does that mean I will have to run 2 programs as it were for engrave and then cut as I am able to run them both on the same job.

The machine was second hand and unfortunately the person I got it from lost the focus tool :roll:

As for the exporting, I cant seem to find anything about altering the scale when I do it. I will look again.

Cheers
Tom

Post by Tom »

I don't use auto so can't help
I'm sure there is something in Newlydraw that lets you do cut and engrave separately of the same drawing
Tom

Post by Tom »

Check some of Daven's and philly dee's post there wiil be loads on the 3020 and Newlydraw
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ok brilliant, thanks
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

A thought on your scale problems, could it be a mm to CM, or even meter / Inch issue? I see this a lot with customer supplied files... they have sent me drawing in inches or even worst meters... check your units in both pieces of software are compatible....

An example.... So if they want a 100mm line but their CAD is in meters, when they type 100 as a line length they get a 100 meter long line, just a little longer than expected...

The other one that catches me from time to time is when converting an inkscape file to DXF... if points is checked as the output unit, the DXF will be HUGE (took me a few hours to realise the problem when it first happened to me)

Goodluck... and Welcome to the forum...
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com
Daven

Post by Daven »

Welcome Rich,
Call HPC and ask them for the size of the ruler - I can't remember to be honest! You should be able to kiss cut acrylic in one pass, get your ruler sorted so you know you are focused and then try different speeds and power settings ;)

I used AutoCad and never had problems with scaling - I can't remember ND very well but as Tim said check if there is a setting for MM or Inch but also save as AutoCad 2000 ASCII dxf

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC