Laser Bangs against side

Moderators: HPC, Daven

usw

Laser Bangs against side

Post by usw »

Hi, sometimes the laser optic will bang against the end of the rail if a job too large is sent through. Usually a softstop error message appears before which stops this from happening. However, occasionally it will accept a job too large for the bed and this normally results in the laser losing focus and needing recalibrating. Do you know of a way to avoid this other than double checking your work size before sending it through.
Daven

Re: Laser Bangs against side

Post by Daven »

In Machine options, Worktable make sure the range is only a few mm larger than the table.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Tom

Post by Tom »

Make sure your machine is datumed if it doesn't on start up
usw

Post by usw »

Thanks for post, the range seems correct 600x400. There is an option for auto datum which isn't checked, I may try this. thanks
usw

Post by usw »

Still doing it. Sometimes if a file is too big for the workbed it will say softspot or something similar on the laser display which is fine you can then go and check the artwork size on laserscript. Othertimes it will motors will try to move the laserhead off the workbed to reach the oversize artwork, this is when the mirrors will get knocked out of focus and need realigning. Very annoying. Any ideas why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks for your views