Power settings on LS 3020 LSCT

Moderators: HPC, Daven

sam

Power settings on LS 3020 LSCT

Post by sam »

Hi,

When cutting 3mm acrylic I've always run with a speed of 10 and power of 80 (in Laserscript). I noticed the other day that the power seemed to be excessive, so I tried lowering the power from 80 > 70 > 60 > 50 > 40 > 30 and only at 30 the cut didn't quite go all the way through, which seems incorrect to me.

I have the laser the correct distance from the material etc, so I wonder if I've accidentally changed something via the cutter interface?. I've included a shot of my laser readout below:

Thanks for any help!
Daven

Re: Power settings on LS 3020 LSCT

Post by Daven »

Looks ok - I think that menu option defaults back to 100% on start up - the 2nd menu down there is another power setting and that is also normally set too 100% as well.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Daven wrote:Looks ok - I think that menu option defaults back to 100% on start up - the 2nd menu down there is another power setting and that is also normally set too 100% as well.

Best
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

Should the laser still be cutting through 3mm perspex at power 40 when the guide recommends power 80?

cheers

Sam
Daven

Post by Daven »

Oh yes - the guide is just a guide - different brands of acrylic can make a difference as well as the size - 3mm can be nearer 4mm on some stock! ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Daven wrote:Oh yes - the guide is just a guide - different brands of acrylic can make a difference as well as the size - 3mm can be nearer 4mm on some stock! ;)

Best
Dave

Cool. I'll make sure to do some tests on alternate brands I use.