Having a wobbly

Moderators: HPC, Daven

kreativkatie

Having a wobbly

Post by kreativkatie »

Hi,

I saw a topic lower about the lazer head trying to go beyond the home point when a file size was too big. I think I am having this same issue with the head but it's not an issue with file size. The size of the product I am cutting falls well within the bed size, but a few times the laser head has had a 'wobbly'. I'd love to use more technical terms but it's the only way I can describe it. On two different occasions, once I pressed datum button, the lazer head appeared to travel more rapidly to datum, and when it got there appeared to not want to stop, the motors kept trying to take it beyond there which resulted in the head of the laser and the whole machine making a hell of a racket and the machine shaking violently, I only stopped it by slamming the emergency stop down. Yesterday when cutting a small file, it cut the outer shape and finished, it then travelled fine and returned to the start point but then again made 'violent' jolt forwards and came to rest around 10mm lower than the original start point.
This is totally random, so I can't catch it on video unless I try to record every single job I do from start to finish. Anyone else have the same issue, what is it and how do I solve it?
Thanks in advance
Katie S
LS6090 80W
Daven

Re: Having a wobbly

Post by Daven »

Hi Katie - give HPC a call, it may just be you need to re download the machines config file.

Also worth checking the switch the head contacts to make sure it is not loose.

Sometime large size files can upset the laser - delete all files before downloading to free up memory.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
kreativkatie

Post by kreativkatie »

Thanks Dave,

This might sound like a really silly question/comment but I'm still very much learning the technical side. I recently had to download all the drivers as the connections between my laptop and the machine would not work. I had to be talked through this step by step as I had very done it before but now hopefully now would be able to do it again. Is this a similar process? I think they sent me the config files on an email when they sent me the drivers, would this have been updated when I updated drivers or is the separate?

Thanks
Katie S
LS6090 80W
Daven

Post by Daven »

No problems - it is the same ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC