Going through the motions not cutting?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

yorkshirewhittlers

Going through the motions not cutting?

Post by yorkshirewhittlers »

Hi I'm desperate my laser machine (6840) is going through the motions but not cutting, press laser button and light works, any ideas before I have to get someone in. Could it be the waterflow sensor? Any ideas appreciated. How do I know if the tube has gone? Thanks Chris
Daven

Re: Going through the motions not cutting?

Post by Daven »

Hi Chris,
Yes the water sensor could be the issue. Make sure the water is actually flowing if you haven't - unplug the connector and bridge the two terminals on the wire side and see if it works then. If so you need to take the sensor out and give it a good flush through.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
yorkshirewhittlers

Post by yorkshirewhittlers »

Hi Dave where exactly is it I've got a photo but don't know how to put it on here! Chris
Daven

Post by Daven »

On my machine it is under the bed in the main compartment and is on the water inlet tube - about 3" long with black cable coming out of it.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC