lasercut software

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Syman

Re: lasercut software

Post by Syman »

Illustrator cs3 works fine all you have to do is save with no compretion or ICC.
dvdlock

Post by dvdlock »

Syman wrote:Illustrator cs3 works fine all you have to do is save with no compretion or ICC.

Good to know you have a result with CS3.

Have you tried it with multiple layers in your artwork? That would be good if it Lasercut can handle these files.
Syman

Post by Syman »

Illustrator cs3 will work if you save the files with no compretion and no ICC. Dont forget to work in mm, if you work in cm you drawing will be 10 times to small !!
You can save any vertion you like with cs3 from v7 to cs3. But as i say cs3 with no compretion and no icc works fine. Remember to make sure your drawing only contains paths and nothing is grouped.
lasermark

Post by lasermark »

Hi to every one from a newbie, me. I have been reading your posts for a while and like the mixed bag of tips and knowledge. i have just bought a machine off HPC and have got it running, sort of, today. I use corel 12 all the time and would like to know if anyone has managed to get the plug-in working to laser directly from corel. So far I am less than impressed with the direct software supplied with the machine, it seems so clumsy. i will get used to it in the end but would appreciate any tips if possible.
Also is there a way of fine tuning the datum point and saving the settings? I am setting my system up so that I have a ruler/table edge guide at the back of the laser table. The only thing is that when I import any file it gets placed straight in the centre of the laser table on my monitor. Is there a way around this? Wow, lot of questions!!!
Cheers. Mark. :)
Syman

Post by Syman »

dvdlock wrote:
HPCLaser wrote:The file type is always DXF, this is the suggested file type for the software.

Charlotte

As Charlotte says DXF is the suggested file type. However, I personally use illustrator .ai files all the time. I generate most of my artwork in CorelDraw V12 and 'save as' .ai for use in Lasercut.

Your difficulty is going to be saving in a leagcy format (backward version saving). It needs to be no higher than Illustrator V7 which I don't think CS3 will allow.
I also have CS3 and on the rare occasion that I use it I save the file as .ai V10 then open in in CorelDraw 12 and re-save in .ai which defaults to V7 and is ready for LaserCut.

The main problem is the crap software....................!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

The main problem is the crap software....................!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually Sy the main problems with PC's and / or software is down to PEBKAC usually :)

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk