Beginners help LS3060

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Ryanjmurphy

Beginners help LS3060

Post by Ryanjmurphy »

Afternoon all,

Before I concede and book in HPC for a service, I would like to ask the forum for help.

I have purchased a second hand 3060. The laser fires and the alignment is correct. My issue is with the motors (I think).

I turn the machine on and the display shows 'datum'. I can't figure out how to move the laser head using the control panel. When I press Datum, the laser head will move on the Y axis to the top, but does not move left and right along the X axis (I.e. if the laser head is in the centre of the bed, I press the datum button and it will just move to the top of the bed and will not go left or right to the corner.

I press the test button and the display says contouring. The laser head then moves up and down on the Y axis, but does not move left and right along the X axis. This is why I think the X axis motor has gone.

I have loaded a simple square design onto lasercut and downloaded to machine. I press start and the laser just begins burning a hole where it is, the head does not move at all.

I can't even seem to use the buttons to move the head along either axis though, am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
Daven

Re: Beginners help LS3060

Post by Daven »

Call HPC ;)

It could just be a loose connection but it could also be an issue with the mother board, motor or keypad.

You would need to be able to test each component so could be chasing around for hours.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Ryanjmurphy

Post by Ryanjmurphy »

Daven wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:59 pm Call HPC ;)

It could just be a loose connection but it could also be an issue with the mother board, motor or keypad.

You would need to be able to test each component so could be chasing around for hours.

Best
Dave
Thanks Dave, any particular way of testing each?
Daven

Post by Daven »

There are but you would need spares and digital meter and know what to do without causing more issues to be honest!

I'm sure if HPC think it is simple they can talk you though basic checks ;)

I would not like to explain something that could mislead you and screw something up (or worse electrocute you!) ;)

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Ryanjmurphy

Post by Ryanjmurphy »

All sorted. Chris at HPC helped to troubleshoot. It was the X Driver. New one ordered.

Thanks for your help as well Dave.
Daven

Post by Daven »

That's great news ;)
Thanks
Best
Dave