Acrylic Suppliers UK

Moderators: HPC, Daven

fleagle8t

Acrylic Suppliers UK

Post by fleagle8t »

Hi Folks,

Just wondering which supplier people would recommend for cast acrylic sheet in the UK?
Googled a few that were advertised, but some of the prices they quote are a little on the steep side :lol: .

Cheers.
Daven

Re: Acrylic Suppliers UK

Post by Daven »

Well apart from HPC there are a few but it can depend on the size and quantity.

I find for small sheets and cheap delivery Hindleys are good - they sell Perspex which is one of only two brands I prefer to use (Amari being the other).

A lot of other acrylic is ok but depending on how important the thickness of the sheets (if say you are slotting items together) the tolerance can be off.

If you are buying in large quantities try Amari - Perspex Ltd was not interested when I tried to open an account with them!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
fleagle8t

Post by fleagle8t »

Thanks Dave, that's greatly appreciated, I will go and check them out.

Have a great day :D :D

Cheers.
Tony
izzysdaddy

Post by izzysdaddy »

Afternoon

I use Perspex Distribution Chelmsford Essex & Amari Plastics Basildon Essex. They both take card payments. Funny enough I purchased 2mm clear PETG yesterday from Perspex & paid over the phone by debit card.
owner of a LS1290
Daven

Post by Daven »

I don't have Perspex near me now but they weren't interested in a cash account either. Amari were a lot more helpful when I called and now supply me cut to size sheets when I need a re-stock.

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
fleagle8t

Post by fleagle8t »

Thanks iszzysdaddy :D :D

Regards

Tony