Ordering engraving

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Lev

Ordering engraving

Post by Lev »

Hi,
Hoping someone can help but please bear with me with the explanation..! I'm trying to find a way to speed up an engraving job. It's approx A4 in size and shape with text across the surface. Currently it engraves by going across the full length of the A4 backwards and forwards but as it's text that's being engraved, there is a lot of area which isn't being engraved - between letters/words and where some letters have tails and others don't. I'm not convinced this is the most time efficient way to engrave and would like to at least try an alternative...any suggestions as to how I might go about this? Maybe engraving a full letter at a time rather than going along the whole of the bottom of the text and working up?
Any suggestions gratefully received!
Thanks
(Longest, wordiest explanation ever - sorry!)
Daven

Re: Ordering engraving

Post by Daven »

Convert the image to DXF (if it isn't already) and them you can break down each word or line and set each one to its own colour. Set the scan gap to the highest number for the best quality you need as well ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC