Settings for suede and very fine leather.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

JamesW

Settings for suede and very fine leather.

Post by JamesW »

Hi All,

Anyone got some good cut settings for thin suede or very fine leather?

This afternoon I spent two hours testing some very, very thin suede. (around 1.25mm) It cuts, but as soon as the laser strikes it, it shrinks. So you need a VERY low power setting. I've ended up with 15% power (60W) 15mm/sec and three passes.

This is tedious, and I don't like the quality of the cut edge.

Looking online, some forums have suggested adjusting the PPI (I'm assuming this is "Pulses per Inch"?) which may be achievable by tweaking the laser frequency. Mine's set at 20,000, and I tried 10,000, which, I'm kidding myself, marginally improved the cut quality. Usually I don't ever change this setting, but having tried everything else...

Cutting this material MUST be is an achievable task, and I want to know how you do it. Any tips?

Cheers,

James
======
Daven

Re: Settings for suede and very fine leather.

Post by Daven »

I may be wrong but the PWM setting is for RF tubes and not CO2 glass tubes - changing it may damage the tube!

If you increase the speed it should help - 15mm/sec seems very slow.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC