LS3020 LSCT Help Required

Moderators: HPC, Daven

bluestorm

LS3020 LSCT Help Required

Post by bluestorm »

Hi all, I have the above machine and was running perfect, until yesterday, when I downloaded an engravable file as I have always done and now when you click on the start button, the laserhead moves as though it's starting to work then stops, then the LCD screen is not responding to any of the buttons I press, so I have to turn the machine off to reset it. If I download a cut file, again the head moves ready to work then it cuts about a quarter of the circle then stops but the laser is still burning through the wood, so again i have to turn the machine off. I have tried to flash the motherboard with the 2 files that HPC sent me, but nothing seems to get the machine out of this strange behavior. I can't even put the cut files onto a pendrive as when I do the LCD screen shows Sel File All. and if I click on esc it says file downloading complete, please remove pendrive. Can someone shine any light onto this strange thing that happens to my machine.
Daven

Re: LS3020 LSCT Help Required

Post by Daven »

Hi Shane - as you know I can't help further as I have not had to flash a laser (yet!)

Just a thought though if you hit return rather than esc does that do anything?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Tom

Post by Tom »

I'm Not going to go into detail but you need a small flashdrive 1gig or less
Make sure it only has the two files on it
bluestorm

Post by bluestorm »

Dave, I have tried that and nothing until I hit the esc button.
Tom I have added the 2 files to the 512mb pendrive inserted into the USB on the motherboard, turned the machine on waited for about 20 seconds, removed the pendrive, let the machine boot up as normal, but the same problem happens.
Tom

Post by Tom »

You need to get hold of Chris at hpc
he will talk you though it
bluestorm

Post by bluestorm »

Thanks Tom, I tried getting hold of him for 2 days now but he isn't about. Must be busy with work.
Tom

Post by Tom »

He's in on Fridays as he dose the demo's
bluestorm

Post by bluestorm »

All up and running and back to normal now. I wasn't leaving the pendrive in the motherboard long enough. Thank you to everyone that replied to my post.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I'd emailed Chris last and he said he had been in contact with someone with the same problem
so assumed it was you
Glad your sorted
bluestormsigns

Post by bluestormsigns »

Hi All, guess what, the problem has come back. I have uploaded a video to you tube if you would like to see what happens with the machine. Anyone help please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b-yC11K0t8