Quick Tip / Warped Plywood?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Quick Tip / Warped Plywood?

Post by Spooky »

Having trouble with 3 and 4mm plywood not being flat?

Pain isn't it as getting that focus correct is a real bind :( if you have an open bed machine with rails it's easy, you just just clip on fishing weights but if you are using a honeycomb bed there is nowhere for the weights to go.

Best way round it is to buy a few hundred of the square double sided sticky foam pads, one in each corner and one in the middle will hold your wood down while the machine cuts. No need to worry about cutting across the pad as it will still be easy to remove afterwards. Most market stalls or Poundland do 250 20mm square pads for a pound so they are handy to have in for all those awkward hold downs we all have to deal with.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
bob

Re: Quick Tip / Warped Plywood?

Post by bob »

Hi with Laser ply I use application tape for signmaking on the front then you dont get any stain on the fromt of the wood also 5mm steel bar on the wood it doesnt hit the head and keeps it all flat
also try wet paper on glass and washing up liquid on stainless ;)
bob

Re: Quick Tip / Warped Plywood?

Post by bob »

Hi We use strips of steel 5mm thick 50mm wide and place these on the wood,
This means the head cannot hit it and you wont burn through them,