PHOTO ENGRAVING! HELP!

Moderators: HPC, Daven

craftybubble

PHOTO ENGRAVING! HELP!

Post by craftybubble »

hi! I have had my laser cutter for a couple of years and I am desperately trying to get into engraving photographs onto wood/acrylic/glass. I have watched so many tutorials on how to convert the images for engraving.... but then....how do I get it from CorelDraw to my laser machine?! there's absolutely nothing on youtube how to get it to import into lasercut 5.3! it is driving me insane!!!
any help appreciated!!!
Daven

Re: PHOTO ENGRAVING! HELP!

Post by Daven »

Save as jpg or bmp and import to Lasercut ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
ncamacho2000

Post by ncamacho2000 »

i save mine as 1 bit btmap, If you dont get the correct format laserscript will except the photo but you wont be able to download it. Easyiest way by far is through photograv software or alike. But you still have to save/export as 1 bit bit bitmap.

Hope this helps a bit.
craftybubble

Post by craftybubble »

just had a go and it looks like its working!!! BUT..... its engraving lines across the whole image! any idea what that is?

Thanks for your help!
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

check your image quality (I use 300 DPI) and check your scan gap is the same as your DPI... Scan Gap = 25.4/DPI so for 300DPI 25.4/300=0.0866mm
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com