head keeps smasing against the side!!!! plz help

Moderators: HPC, Daven

teachermatt

head keeps smasing against the side!!!! plz help

Post by teachermatt »

Hi guys any help would be majorly appreciated....
I have a ls3040.
The problem I have is entirely my fault...a job had finished and I tried taking the material out whilst the laser was moving back to the start point and got it all wrong causing a jam....now when I turn themachine on or try and do datum it just vibrates against the side....
I canstill use the keypad to move the head and have immediate ticked so is still useable....but what I am using it for ideally needs to start in the same place everytime I turn the machineon...
Have I knocked of a runner??? From looking at it nothing appears to behitting the side so I dont know why it vibrates?

Please help
Matt
Daven

Re: head keeps smasing against the side!!!! plz help

Post by Daven »

It may not be hitting the switch or the switch arm got bent - with the machine off move the head back by hand and see if the switch clicks before hitting the stops. If not check the switch is firmly in place or adjust it.

It could be the runners but you would feel it if you moved the head by hand.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
endcan

Post by endcan »

Hi the 3040 can rise on the wheels causing the blade that should just miss the proximity sensor to miss it .
try to touch the sensor with a metal object just to see if its working
Personalised bike bitz,Metal marking,adhesive decals
teachermatt

Post by teachermatt »

Hi guys thankw for replies...i was making do but tonight things have totally gone kaput!!! It will engrave 1 or 2 letters then jump higher or lower... it is driving me mad? It messes up letters but will happily do pictures....I have had a look at the suggestions but if I am honest I don't really understand the suggestions?
Dont suppose any of you fine fellows live near york???
Matt
Daven

Post by Daven »

Bit far for me :-)

Give HPC a call - they are in Halifax.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC