Drivers

Moderators: HPC, Daven

uklasermonkey

Drivers

Post by uklasermonkey »

Hi everyone, my first post here. I've had a HPC for two years and just got a new laptop. Unfortunately the laptop does not have a disc drive. I have installed laserscript 5.3 but I have no drivers to connect my laser. Are these available electronically as I've looked but had no joy?

uklasermonkey

Re: Drivers

Post by uklasermonkey »

I have a LS6840 if that makes any difference?
Daven

Post by Daven »

Will PM you in a while.

I can't help with the laser machine settings but you could copy that from the old PC if you can.
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
uklasermonkey

Post by uklasermonkey »

Unfortunately said pc is refusing to play ball. Keeps blue screening on boot up :(
Daven

Post by Daven »

Ouch - you could possibly take the hard drive out and connect it as a non bootable additional drive and try to access if via file manager. If it is just the systems file that are corrupt the rest of the file structure could be ok.

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
uklasermonkey

Post by uklasermonkey »

So I tried the drivers files I was sent and nothing. The device (laser) is now showing as EZ USB FX2 however there are no drivers present when I try to locate them where I saved them on my pc and the 'browse online' option is coming up empty.

:(
Daven

Post by Daven »

Browse offline to the folder where you stored the files ;)

Where did you get the LaserCut program?
Best
Dave
uklasermonkey

Post by uklasermonkey »

Thanks Dave. All sorted now. Managed to source a disk drive and ripped the installation files off the disc, copied them over to my laptop and completed the installation.

Back up and running and just in time as I've just received an order :)
Daven

Post by Daven »

Well done ;)