Laser cut position

Moderators: HPC, Daven

NGreaves

Laser cut position

Post by NGreaves »

Hi

I have an old HX3040 which recently had a service. Until the service I could position a drawing in Newly Draw, anywhere within the cutting area, select it, and following the usual engrave method it would cut out the shape in that location. I’ve only recently come to use the function again, but it won’t allow me to Cut anywhere within the cutting area, instead it automatically cuts to the top left. I’ve checked the settings and can’t see there’s anything different. I can step the laser head To move it around, but I’ve not had to do this before.

Has this happened to anyone else? Would you know if there’s something I’m missing? I can contact HPC directly, but whilst we’re in lockdown I thought I’d wait and see if its a simple fix!
Daven

Re: Laser cut position

Post by Daven »

Hi - it is too long for me to remember Newlydraw.

I have attached a PDF of the settings I used on my 3020 - check or uncheck the 'full page position' and see if that helps

Best
Dave

ndsettings.pdf
(32.49 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC