Offset engrave path

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Shaun

Offset engrave path

Post by Shaun »

Morning all,

I'm suddenly having an odd issue with the engraving on one of our machines- LS1290 PRO Laser. It seems the engraving path is being automatically offset on every other pass producing an unsightly staggered engrave. The scan gap also seems much larger than what it has been set to. It's hard to explain so I've attached an image to show what I mean

I've searched through this forum to try and find similar problems but it seems to be unique to me! I'm assuming it's a software issue (we're running Laser Script 5.3) and have gone through all the menus but I can't figure out what it suddenly causing this issue. For completeness, the file is a simple DXF created in Corel Draw, but the problem seems to exist even for simple shapes drawn directly in Laser Script.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received

Thanks in advance,

Shaun
Daven

Re: Offset engrave path

Post by Daven »

Hi Shaun,
Double click on to the engave layer and llet us know what the settings are?

Should be say (depending what material) :-
Speed 300 power 20

Scan gap ???? No tick on expandScale

Tick on Bi-dir.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Dave,

Settings were as follows:

Speed 350
Power 12
Scan Gap 0.1

Material was an engraving laminate.

Bi-dir was ticked. However, unticking it solved the problem. Not ideal for large engraves as it will obviously double the engrave time but it's at least a work around for now. Seems the offset only applies when the laser head is moving right to left..?

Cheers,

Shaun
Daven

Post by Daven »

Cool.
Not sure exactly about the bi-dir or expand - I leave than a is and all seems ok.

From the laser gods:-

Expand scale: mainly used to compensate small letters, whose transverse stroke is smaller than the actual size. It can be adjusted to positive or negative figures according to the situation.
Bi-dir: laser is on in both on positive and negative X-axis when this parameter is checked. The efficiency is high, but if you need a high process precision, do not check this parameter. The efficiency will be cut half.

I tend to stay with the scan gap setting here

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC